Sunday, January 30, 2011

Share your favorite mystery!

Hello everyone,

Who are your favorite mystery authors and books?  Post a comment with title or author, and I'll add their covers below with a link to our catalog.  I have several favorites, Tess Gerritsen, Patricia Cornwell, Alex Kava, Kay Hooper, and I'm sure I'll be adding more to the mix.

Hope to see you in our library someday soon,
Jan

: :  Request each book from the Bangor Public Library by clicking on the cover  : :

  book jacket  book jacket  book jacket  book jacket  book jacket  book jacket  book jacket

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy the Janet Evanovich series, One For the Money, and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet Evanovich is great. We read One For the Money in our book group last Winter and it was one of the more well received books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth George mysteries are gems. The English setting, the characters, and the plots combine for a wonderful read. I have loved everyone of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tess Gerritsen is always good. Also enjoy Lisa Gardner. A recent find is Karen Rose, a little on the romancy side but not overly so, the mystery was great. Try Die For Me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to add Mary Higgins Clark. I've always loved her books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Flavia De Luce series by C. Alan Bradley grabs you by the heart and won't let go. Flavia is eleven, bright, inquisitive, a chemistry prodigy, put-upon by older sisters, a neglected child in a genteely impoverished and very eccentric British family. "Quirky" doesn't being to describe the series, and the books are both poignant and laugh-out-loud funny. The first is The Sweetness At the Bottom of the Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I just had a patron rave about the Flavia De Luce series to me, so this is a second motivaton to give it a try! Thanks for the recommendation!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete