Friday, February 4, 2011

Vote for February's Books

Our next book group vote is ready to go.  Sarah and I have chosen some of our favorites, along with group suggestions from January's meeting - but remember this vote is only the first round of eliminations, the top three from each category will be voted on in person at our next book group meeting on February 17, 2011 at 6:00 pm.  I will post all the covers below.  If you see any favorites you want encouraged for our next group read, please make a comment. 
~Jan

VOTING HAS CLOSED!
THE WINNERS ARE...
Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer
Second Sight by Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz)


: :  Request each book from the Bangor Public Library by clicking on the cover  : :
book jacket book jacket book jacket
 book jacket book jacket book jacket
 book jacket book jacket  book jacket 
book jacket book jacket book jacket 

8 comments:

  1. I wished I lived near Bangor so I could join this group! Oh well, here is my opinion regardless: Some of Sandra Brown's books are too romancy for me, maybe they are reprints of her earlier books, BUT Envy is really good, I mean REALLY good! The mystery carried this story more than the romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go with Second Sight. It is a wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Balogh's books are Wonderful. It was the simple moments in Summer To Remember that made me love this book. She creates such a strong emotional connection between her characters,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an oppinion----J.R. Ward needs her own separate blog entry. Her series is too good to be grouped in with other books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our meeting is this Thursday, and I'm waiting to see if Dark Lover is voted in as one of our books. Either way, I'll do a seperate post of her series, because they are really good. She is a master at creating the tortured hero, which makes for a good page turner.
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know... Sherrilyn Kenyon does a pretty good tortured hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I said I would list the "rejected" titles from previous months (plus there are a few that were recommended during the meetings):

    Along Came A Spider (James Patterson), A Bad Day For Sorry (Sophie Littlefield), The Beach House (Jane Green), The Chill of Night (James Hayman), Dream Man (Linda Howard), Guilty Pleasures (Laurell K. Hamilton), Killing Me Softly (Maggie Shayne), The Late Lamented Molly Marx (Sally Koslow), Life Expectancy (Dean Koontz), A Season for the Dead (David Hewson), Shakespeare's Landlord (Charlaine Harris), Shoe Addicts Anonymous (Beth Harbison), Sir Apropos of Noting (Peter David), Sweet Love (Sarah Strohmeyer), True Evil (Greg Iles)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, your memory is way too sharp at this time of night! :o)
    Thanks so much! When I get a chance, I'll try to post these covers with links to our catalog, probably in a separate blog post.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete