Monday, March 14, 2011

Share your favorite books with bite!

Hello everyone,

As always, all your comments and recommendations have been wonderful!  Since we've been discussing books on this blog, I've noticed a reoccurring theme - regardless of what genre we discuss, whether it's horror, fantasy, romance, or even mysteries, novels about vampires always seem to find a place on our lists. 

So, I thought it would be fun to talk about books with bite, and put all our favorite vampires in one place.  (Our favorite books with fur may find a home here a little later.)

If you have a favorite author or book I haven't listed yet, please post a comment and I'll add it to our list with a link to our catalog.

Hope to see you in our library someday soon,
Jan

: :  Request each book from the Bangor Public Library by clicking on the cover  : :

book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket 

11 comments:

  1. Well the first vampire book that I remember reading and actually liking was "The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice. I remember a friend in high school (Yes. I'm dating myself) was reading the book and I asked what it was about and she said "A rockstar vampire". I laughed but when she got up I started reading it, I was hooked in just the first few pages and asked if I could borrow it when she was finished. I read most of this series but I think that I lost interest in her last few vampire novels.

    Some more current vampire series that I like are MaryJanice Davidson's Undead and Unwed series. Davidson's books are always quirky and fun to read. I have also read Kathy Love's "Young Brothers" series. These books are also a more comical look at vampires.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The memories of Vampire Lestat suddenly sparks in my head! I love the Vampire Chronicles of Ann Rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail to the queen! Anne Rice introduced us to the sexy vampire, the ultimate bad boy, when you're not sure if he wants to eat you or, well, do other things. Don't you think Rice paved the road for what we have today in romantic vampire fiction? Why we're drawn to this creature is the truly perplexing question, but there it is, I love a good vampire as much as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine Feehan's Carpathians should be on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or bad girl, as in the Harrison series. Not all sexy vampires are men!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivy is one of my favorite characters in the Kim Harrison series, but Jinks is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynsay Sands is always good for a light fang romp. I little fluffy but fun. I have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's a few authors I have enjoyed that are not listed here. They are all vampire romances, so keep that in mind.

    Keri Arthur
    Kerrelyn Sparks
    Maggie Shane
    Gena Showalter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad someone else mentioned Lynsay Sands. Her books are a fun quick read. I really like her take on how Vampires were created. Her theory is a little out there but at least it is original.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous - thanks for the list. I've heard of these authors but I haven't had the chance to read any of their books yet, so thanks for the recommendations. I've posted covers of the authors we own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't quite figure out how to comment on this thing, so I'm just going to go anonymous. I just wanted to say I read Undead and Unwed last year due to the book group. I never would have picked up this book otherwise, but surprisingly I really enjoy it and went on to read the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete