Friday, July 8, 2011

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

book jacketReview by Sarah:

Having just moved and having no idea in what box the newest Janet Evanovich book got packed, I needed a book to download.  While searching through the downloadable ebooks offered by the library I came across a book that I had been meaning to read.  It was the first book in Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series, Darkfever. 

Within just a few pages and I was hooked.  The book starts off with Mackayla Lane’s life changing forever, when she learns that her sister has been gruesomely murder in Dublin, Ireland.  Weeks later Mackayla (Mac) hears a voicemail that her sister left on her cell phone just hours before she was murdered.  The message brings up more questions than answers: “What is the Sinsar Dubh?”, “What does she mean by Them?” and most importantly what does “You don’t know even know what you are?” .  To the Dublin police the murder is a dead end and stop investigating.  This is when Mac makes the decision to head to Dublin to start her own investigation.  From the very first moments that she steps foot in Ireland, strange things start to happen.  Mac is thrust into a world that she never knew existed where Fae intermingle with humans, and where she doesn’t know whom to trust. 

I haven’t finished it yet but I am more than halfway through and can’t wait to finish it. It is written in first person which I sometimes have an issue with, but this book is well written so I don’t mind.
~Sarah

Request Darkfever from the Bangor Public Library

4 comments:

  1. This is one of those series I have been meaning to read as well. I enjoyed her Highlander time travel books. Was this as good????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series has sucked me in. I started the second book "Bloodfever" at lunch yesterday and I was finished with by this morning. Needless to say that I stayed up way too late reading.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here it is a week later and I am on the fifth and final book. It is one of those series that I don't want to end. If you start this series make sure that when you finish Faefever that you have Dreamfever handy because you will want to start reading that one immediately.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just finished the entire series and I am sad that it is over. I enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. It has been a long time since I stayed up way too late and then woke up early just to read a book. I think that I will try her highlander series next, but I need to take a break so I can get back to my regular sleep schedule for a bit.
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete