Saturday, October 1, 2011

Books to read for October 2011...

Once again, the group went in a different direction than what we predicted with their two book winners.  Remember, you only have to read the book that interests you most, and we have two very different genres to choose from.  It was wonderful to see some of our winter crew back, and some new faces as well.  In the rush of our meeting, we forgot to mention that if for some reason you haven't received a requested book within a week, PLEASE send us an email, they are both listed on the left side of this blog.  Also, if you would like us to request it for you just let us know!!

The winners of our book vote were:

book jacket1.  Book Of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber
This book was nominated by one of our NYOBG members and won the Mystery/Suspense category vote.  Sarah and I have not read it... yet!  Once we read it, one of us will post a review!  :o)

Request Book of Air and Shadows



book jacket2.  You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister
Based on a great review by one of our book group members I recently picked up You Slay Me, the first book in Katie MacAlister’s Aisling Grey Guardian series.  All I have to say is: “What a fun read.”  For those of you who may have read MaryJanice Davidson’s books, I know you are going to like this series.  Aisling Grey’s first job as a courier for her uncle doesn’t go quite how she hopes.  When she goes to deliver her package to it’s new owner in Paris, she finds her dead, hanging from the ceiling.  Also at the cr
ime scene she runs into an incredibly handsome man named Drake Vireo who claims he is from Interpol.  Sparks, or should I say fire, fly between them instantly.  Right before the police arrive Drake snatches Aisling’s delivery and disappears.  What puzzles Aisling most about this encounter is why did Drake keeps on referring to her as a Guardian... read more of Sarah's review

Request You Slay Me
 
Hope to see you all in October!
Jan and Sarah

3 comments:

  1. You Slay Me was an Excellent choice! I've managed to neglect the dishes, the toilets, and the children who all need washing - but I'm almost done, and Loving it. Definitely not your average predictable mystery.

    And don't worry. The children Are getting fed. Hence the unwashed dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! We ate on paper tonight, so the kids are fed and I don't have dishes. :o) I've been wrapped up in book 4 of Karen Marie Moning's fae series. (Thank you Sarah for warning me to have book 4 in hand after 3!)
    I have to say this is the most growth of a main character I've read in a while. I'm hooked, but moving on to You Slay Me tomorrow. :o)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never commented on one of these things before, but I just wanted to say that I am enjoying You Slay Me.
    From a book group member.

    ReplyDelete