Friday, October 14, 2011

Touch the Dark by Karen Chance

book jacketReview by Jan:

Touch the Dark is the first book in an urban fantasy series I quite enjoyed.   If you enjoy books by Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, Keri Arthur, Patricia Briggs, or Laurell K. Hamilton, I would recommend you give this one a try.  I am always thrilled to find a fresh new voice in urban fantasy and I think Karen Chance is just that.  I really liked her writing style, very witty and fun to read.  I was immediately invested in the heroine's plight; Cassandra Palmer can see into the future and communicate with ghosts.  She is also the heir to a powerful legacy of witches.  Her parents were murdered when she was child for what she had the potential to become.  Cassie was raised by a malicious vampire, Mafioso, who she managed to escape from three years earlier.  There is a vampire senate as well with their own agenda, and a very old (and highly intriguing) master vampire.  All and all, it was a grand mixture of fun.

I've read the first two books in this series, both were wonderful, and the rest are on my ever-growing pile of books I need to read.  I have listed this series below in reading order.  I would suggest you do read this series in order. 


As always, hope to see you in our library someday soon!
Jan

Request Touch the Dark from the Bangor Public Library    

Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance
1.  Touch the Dark
2.  Claimed by Shadows
3.  Embrace the Night
4.  Curse the Dawn
5.  Hunt the Moon

1 comment: