Friday, March 16, 2012

Now Reading Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich and Soulless by Gail Carriger

We had another wonderful meeting last night!  At one point I went down to the front desk to get a few of our Nooks for new members, and the laughter from our group (coming from the third floor) echoed through the library and all the way down into the lobby.  It was such a lovely sound!  Thank you all for making our group such a fun time discussing books!

For those of you who couldn't make it, we are currently reading...

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich and Soulless by Gail Carriger.  If you need copies please send Sarah or Jan an email and we will put them on the hold shelf for you!

April's Books
book jacket   book jacket
These two books will be discussed at our April meeting!

I never know, nor can I begin to predict, how the book vote is going to go.  Our ladies choose their own reads, nominate them, promote them, and the end result is always a surprise.  The following two books (our May reads) and the winners of our book vote were...

The French Gardener by Santa Montefiore and Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.  Copies of these books will be available at our April meeting.  (The red chili pepper rating is for Dead Until Dark)

May's Books
Cover  book jacket Red Chili Pepper
These two books will be discussed at our May meeting!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I thoroughly agree about how enjoyable our meetings are. I look forward to hearing everyone's experience of the books and the diversity of the readings. Thank you for another great evening. Looking forward to the upcoming reads. Have a great weekend! Lori
    P.S. I was able to grab a copy of Mockingjay before I left, so I will be reading that first! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, thanks for commenting! You have a great weekend as well!! And enjoy Mockingjay. I am debating about buying The Night Circus, so I have more to say about it at the next meeting. I have only heard good raves.
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so pleased that we finally got Dead Until Dark off the 'runners-up' pile . . . I really needed a good excuse to re-read this title, which I enjoyed the first time around. The HBO series 'True Blood' is really good, but the books are better . . . though I now have an excellent image to keep in mind whilst reading the sections involving Eric Northman . . . :D

    ReplyDelete