Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What are some of your summer reads?

This is my favorite time of year to catch up on all the book recommendations I receive from friends, family, co-workers, library patrons and fellow bloggers. The list is quite mind boggling sometimes, but in a good way.  I thought I would share some of the titles that have made it to the top of my summer reads list and would love to add yours.  If you have read a good book lately please share and I will add it to our list!

As always, hope to see you in our library someday soon,
Jan

book jacketTo Be Sung Underwater by Tom McNeal
(literary fiction)
Recommended by Valerie Osborne, Northeastern Maine Library Consultant.  Valerie assures me I'm going to love this book. 



book jacketThe Wood Wife by Terri Windling
(fantasy)
Recommended by a book group member, Sue of Coffee, Cookies and Chili Peppers book review blog. 

read Sue's review of The Wood Wife




Wicked Good: a novel of unconditional love by Amy Lewis Faircloth and Joann Lewis 
(woman's fiction)
This is a woman's fiction novel based on a mother of a child with Asperger's.  It's co-written by sisters, one of whom is a local author.  Wicked Good received an amazing review from Kirkus.



book jacketPrisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey
(historical romance)
This is one of my all time favorite romance authors!  This book was first published in the 80's, I believe, but I simply must give it a reread since all her books have been recently released as eBooks.  I donated this title to the Red Nook Team.  Warning, this book comes with a Chili Pepper On Fire rating, dancing toward Roasted.



book jacketA Kind of Intimacy by Jenn Ashworth
(contemporary fiction)
Recommended by Maggie, one of our reference librarians.  She has been trying to get me to read it since last fall.  Her contemporary fiction book group will be reading it this year.  She's wearing me down.  I may just give it a try. 

read Maggie's review of A Kind of Intimacy


Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas    (contemporary romance with a touch of magic)
Rainshadow Road was the perfect summer read and Dream Lake is the next book in the series, to be released in August!  I have it pre-ordered for the library and will most likely add it to the Nooks as well.  I can't wait.



book jacketThe Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
(woman's/contemporary fiction)
This is the only SAA book our group hasn't read.  If it's as good as the others it will be a lovely summer read!



book jacketSworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
(mystery/suspense)
Recommended by a co-worker who is my go-to person for good mystery/suspense reads.  This received starred reviews from Booklist and Publishers Weekly.

2 comments:

  1. Some of these titles are very attractive, sworn to silence,girl who chased the moon, the wood wife.I'll be checking them out and looking forward to some of yur reviews:). I'm pretty much into a Song of Ice and Fire saga right now. But I'm currently reading The Pelican Brief but John Gresham(first book by him ). It's very good and upsetting but good. You could check them out.

    P.S I've tagged you for the Liebster award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George R.R. Martin books are amazing! I know why you're into the series.

      I have never heard of the Liebster award but thank you! i will have to browse and see what that's all about.
      Jan

      Delete