Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Book Group Week!

Our online vote is ready to go, so be sure to vote before this week's meeting!  We added all the new suggestions from our members, and kept some high vote receivers as well.  Remember, this is just the first round of eliminations; the top four books from each category will be voted on in person! 

Hope to see you all on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm!  We're in the Board Room again.  We will be discussing Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and voting on next month's books.

See you  this Thursday,
Jan and Sarah

VOTING IS CLOSED
The winners were...
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harness
and
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman



Book Cover Book Cover Book Cover book jacket Book Cover book jacket Book Cover book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket book jacket Book Cover  book jacket The Wolf Gift Book Cover

4 comments:

  1. Finally got to read Moon Called loved it.
    Getting into Neil Gaiman's books now, haven't read The Graveyard book (but know what it's about and the premise is fascinating).

    Nice list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moon Called was great, wasn't it? I love the lead character. I haven't read Neil Gaiman yet but I hear he's really good.
      ~Jan

      Delete
  2. Anonymous NYOBG MemberOctober 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

    I think the Board Room makes for a rather cozy meeting space.

    I was so torn this month. I very much wanted to read both selections but knew I would only have time to finish one, so I had to make a really tough choice. That means I'm only going to get to discuss one of them, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both books were really good but I enjoyed on over the other. I bet you know which one! :) I can't wait to discuss both book tonight.
      Jan

      Delete